- What are the SB 329 reporting requirements? [Article]
ances.What are the SB 329 reporting requirements?
SB 329 was passed by the 2011 Legislature. It was co
- WIDA Test Administration Questions [Article]
TEST ADMINISTRATION QUESTIONS What are the qualifications for Test Administrators? Test Administrators should be a certified staff member (classroom teacher, school c
- Nonresident/Out-of-District Transportation [Article]
Question: Which school district is responsible for transporting a student who attends outside his district of residence? Answer:
- What's required for Home Schooling? [Article]
Question: For a variety of reasons, we are pulling our child of the remainder of the school year. We will also be home schooling beginning next year, and I understand what
- Attendance Centers [Article]
Q: What is an attendance center? A: An attendance center is a location where students regularly attend school at a location other than the regular school building. The atte
- immunization exemptions [Article]
What are provisions for exceptions to immunizations?
Montana law states that school officials may not allow a student to attend school unless the st
- Student suspension and expulsion [Article]
Unless a student is a special education student, it appears that there is no clear rule or regulation that sets a maximum number of days allowed for a student suspension. When does an ex
- truancy [Article]
...e is a court of competent jurisdiction? 20-5-106 Truancy (1) ...If the child is not excused..., the attendance officer shall file a complaint against such person in a court of compet
- church days [Article]
Is there a state law requiring public schools to recognize Wednesday (or any other day) as a "church" day or "religion" day. If so, what are the requirements of this law? (i.e. - homewor
- parent advocacy - teacher training - [Article]
I'm wondering how schools are held accountable for guidance strategie
- Please send me information about how to home school in Montana. [Article]
The Office of Public Instruction receives dozens of calls each year from people with questions about private/nonpublic schooling. Many request OPI provide a summary of Montana law pertaining to home
- Enrollment Counts and ANB [Article]
Q: What is "ANB"?
A: ANB is Average Number Belonging, which is a student count used for state funding purposes.
Q: Will the school lose ANB if students are a
- School District Budget Filing System [Article]
It is recommended that each school district superintendent keep the following items in a folder for each budget year: [This list shows major headings and contents of
- ANB-10 Day Rule [Article]
Q: Is a school district required to drop a student after 10 days of absence?
A: No. Trustees may adopt policies regarding penalties for behavior of students, including exc
- Can a school drop an enrolled student after an absence of 10 consecutive school ... [Article]
In connection with enrollment count, 20-9-311 (6) provides:
- What happens if a school does not comply with state law if students cannot show... [Article]
The Montana law regarding immunization is set forth below. 20-5-403. Immunization required -- release and acceptance of immunization records. (1) The governing authority of any school other than a pos...
- Spring 2013 SMARTER Pilot Voluntary Parcipation [Article]
Does participation in a Spring 2013 SMARTER pilot test mean we do not participate in the CRT?
- What differences will Special Education Cooperatives see in the Terms of Employm... [Article]
What differences will Special Education Cooperatives see in the Terms of Employment, compared to school district reports?
- Why does OPI need the employee’s contracted amount at the beginning of a school ... [Article]
Why does OPI need the employee’s contracted amount at the beginning of a school year? What will the information be used for?
- What amount should we reported if an employee’s compensation for the fiscal year... [Article]
What amount should we reported if an employee’s compensation for the fiscal year has not been completely paid to an employee by the end of that fiscal year? For