Get Answers!

Foreign exchange students

Before you enroll the teen in the TE class, read the contract that covers their exchange program.  Some programs expressly prohibit the teen from driving, in which case you cannot do BTW or 6 months practice driving without violating the terms of the exchange student contract.  Some programs only allow driving with the teacher of a driver education program, in which case the 6 months of practice driving cannot be completed with the responsible adult.  Other programs do not address the driving issue.

The host parents need to fully understand that by signing the MVD form they are accepting all financial responsibility for liability associated with this teen's driving. 

The Montana Motor Vehicle Division lists the documents required to apply for a Montana Driver License:

“You must bring certain documents with you to complete most driver licensing services. The documents are required to show proof of your identity, your Montana residency and your authorized presence within the United States of America. The lists below outline the types of documents that are accepted. Some transactions may require additional documents”

Related Articles

No related articles were found.


No attachments were found.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "Foreign exchange students"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

* Comment:
* Enter the code below:


Article Details

Last Updated
29th of August, 2013

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Article

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.