What are the Montana STEM Initiative goals for 2012-13?
Q: What are the Montana STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) Initiative goals for 2012-2013?
A: The three overall goals of the Montana STEM Initiative are:
1. Increase the percentage of K-12 students who demonstrate college and career-readiness in STEM fields.
2. Graduate from a Montana post-secondary institution with a STEM-related degree.
3. Increase the number of STEM-related jobs in Montana
Some of the proposed actions in the draft STEM plan that address these goals and are pertinent to the MSP project include the following:
- Develop audience specific communication materials to raise awareness of the STEM initiative
- Design effective, specific , and sustainable STEM-focused professional development
- Coherence of statewide initiatives related to STEM: Montana Common Core Standards in Mathematics and English/Language Arts, Next Generation Science Standards, Graduation Matters Montana
- Identify and disseminate exemplar STEM programs of study
- Identify and disseminate effective instructional materials and best practices for instruction
If you have further questions concerning the STEM initiative contact Kristen Crawford, Science Curriculum Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "What are the Montana STEM Initiative goals for 2012-13? "
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.