Get Answers!

Accepted degrees-Online Colleges

Does Montana accept degrees from online universities or universities outside of Montana for Educator Licensing?

Montana's Administrative Rules for Educator Licensure require completion of an accredited professional educator preparation program.  In Montana, those programs must be offered through a college or university program accredited by NCATE (the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education) or approved by the state where the university is located.  How courses are delivered by such accredited programs is of no concern.

The Montana OPI has no jurisdiction over the accreditation of programs outside of Montana. Therefore, if the program's accreditation status changes while you are enrolled, Montana cannot guarantee your eligibility for licensure.

Related Articles

No related articles were found.


No attachments were found.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "Accepted degrees-Online Colleges"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

* Comment:
* Enter the code below:


Article Details

Last Updated
12th of February, 2010

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Article

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.