Get Answers!

How do I add an endorsement to my license?

To add an endorsement to a Montana License, you must complete the equivalent of a teaching major or minor from an NCATE or state approved college or university.

The coursework requirements for an additional endorsement on your license are generally either:

a. at least 40 semester credits in an extended major; or

b. 30 semester credits in an approved major; or

c. 20 semester credits in an approved minor.

After completing the coursework required from an accredited college for their major or minor program in an area endorsable in Montana, the college must make recommendation to this office the endorsement to be added to your existing license. OPI will then issue you a new license showing the additional endorsement at no charge.

Please see "Adding Endorsements" on http:// /Cert/Index.html

Related Articles

No related articles were found.


No attachments were found.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I add an endorsement to my license?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

* Comment:
* Enter the code below:


Article Details

Last Updated
4th of February, 2010

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Remove from favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Article

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.