Announcements & Deadlines
- In April Final maintenance of effort report and application packet for IDEA Part B and preschool grants is posted on the OPI website, and OPI sends a notice to authorized representatives of districts and cooperatives.
- Private/nonpublic school participation in federal programs
information must be completed by authorized representatives and returned to the OPI.
- April 10 OPI pays cash requests received through March 25.
- Mid April Carl Perkins “Intent to Apply” and State Career and Vocational/ Technical Education electronic application are due to OPI (high school districts only). Only high school districts or K-12s who submit their intent to apply to the OPI will receive a Carl Perkins allocation for the coming year.
- April 25 Cash requests due for grant payments in May.
For E-Grants projects, submit requests online using the EGrants Cash Request process. For non-E-Grants projects, submit a hardcopy cash request form to the OPI (one time per year).
- April 30 Indirect Cost Rate (IDC) applications due to the OPI for the following school year. Title IV, Part B, 21st Century Community Learning Centers
applications for new projects due to the OPI. Carl Perkins Spring Accountability
Please email all security-related requests and questions
E-Grants Summer Workshops
2013 Workshop Schedule
All workshops are from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
July 9 - Havre, Robins Administration Building, 425 6th Street
July 10 - Kalispell, Glacier High School, 375 Wolfpack Way
July 11 - Missoula, Hellgate Elementary, Building #1, 2355 Flynn Lane
July 12 - Belgrade, Belgrade High School, 303 N. Hoffman
July 16 - Sidney, Sidney High School, 1012 4th Avenue South East
July 17 - Laurel, Graff Elementary, 417 East 6th Street
July 18 - Lewistown, Fergus High School, 1001 Casino Creek Dr.
July 19 - Butte, Butte High School, 401 S Wyoming S
July 24 - Helena, Office of Public Instruction Training Room, 1227 11th Avenue
The OPI has the following grants currently available through E-Grants:
- 21st Century
- Carl Perkins
- ESEA / NCLB Consolidated
- Title I A – Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged (Basic)
- Title I A – Schoolwide
- Title II A – Improving Teacher Quality
- Title III – English Language Acquisition
- Title VI B – Rural and Low Income Schools (RLIS)
- IDEA Consolidated
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Part B (IDEA Part B)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Preschool (IDEA Preschool)
- Gifted and Talented State Grant
- Montana Striving Readers Project (MSRP)
- Regional CSPD
- Title I Part C Migrant
- Title I SIG Tier III
- Title X Part C - McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program
Coming to E-Grants in FY2014…
- Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE) Extension
- Title ID - Neglected & Delinquent
- Montana Mathematics Science Partnership
- ACT+ Writing Supplement
The following E-Grants User Guides are under construction. Please refer to the individual page instructions for assistance.
Due to recent changes in the E-Grants system, previous User Guides should not be used for reference.
- ESEA-NCLB User Guide
- 21st Century User Guide
Video-On-Demand Chapters for E-Grants:
Navigate the E-Grants System:
Minimum screen resolution to run the Training Videos is 1024 x 768
Check your Screen Resolution
All Movies require Adobe Flash 8 player. Most Web browsers have it built-in.
Get Adobe Flash Player
Setting your computer monitor's resolution (Windows):
- Right-Click anywhere on your desktop.
- Select the Properties command
- Select the Settings Tab
- Move the Screen Resolution sliding control to at least 1024 X 768
- Click OK
- The screen will go blank momentarily. A confirmation dialog box will appear, click OK.
Internet Explorer 7 and FireFox Users:
Pressing the F11 Key on your keyboard will hide your Web browser's menu bars for more viewing area. Pressing F11 again returns the menu bar.