Requirements for Montana Class 5 Provisional licensure With Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, Secondary, K-12, or P-12 Special Education Endorsement
There is one pathway to meeting Montana’s requirements for Class 5 teaching licensure (as per Administrative Rules of Montana 10.57.425 and 10.57.426):
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university AND
- A plan of study from an accredited professional educator preparation program verifying that the applicant:
- Can meet the requirements for full licensure within the three (3) year validity period of the license AND
- Meets the professional educator preparation program admission requirements
Additionally, the following must be met prior to licensure:
- Completion and verification of the free, on-line course “An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana”.
- Complete the online application at: https://apps3.opi.mt.gov/SSO/Login/Login.aspx
- Supplemental forms to the online application; must be submitted by mail unless otherwise noted and received by OPI before your application can be processed:
- Official transcripts may be sent electronically from the college or university to email@example.com or mailed.
- Original completion certificate for “An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana”.
Mail all hard copy documents to:
Montana Office of Public Instructions
Attn. Educator Licensure
PO Box 202501
Helena, MT 59620
Questions: Please call us at 406-444-3150
Class 5 Provisional Educator Licensure Paper Application: If you chose to apply with this application, all forms within this application must be completed and returned before your application will be processed.