Requirements for Montana Class 5 Provisional Licensure With Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, Secondary, K-12, or P-12 Special Education Endorsement
Qualifications for a Montana Class 5 Provisional Teaching License
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, AND
- A plan of study from an accredited professional educator preparation program verifying that the applicant:
- Can meet the requirements for full licensure within the three (3) year validity period of the license, AND
- Meets the professional educator preparation program admission requirements.
- Applicanats that have completed an educator preparation program outside of Montana must provide proof of:
- A Montana residential address or a job offer from an accredited or state-funded P-12 Montana school, AND
- Successful completion (meets or exceeds minimum passing score) of the Montana required Praxis applicable to requested endorsement.
Additionally, the following must be met prior to licensure:
- Completion and verification of the free, online course An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana.
- Complete the online application.
- Supplemental forms to the online application; must be submitted by mail unless otherwise noted and received by OPI before your application can be processed:
- Official transcripts may be sent electronically from the college or university to email@example.com or mailed.
- Original completion certificate for “An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana.”
Mail all hard copy documents to:
Montana Office of Public Instruction
Attn. Educator Licensure
PO Box 202501
Helena, MT 59620
Questions: Please call us at 406-444-3150
Class 5 Provisional Educator Licensure Paper Application: If you choose to apply with this application, all forms within this application must be completed and returned before your application will be processed.