I have a principal’s license in another state and want to come to Montana. I don’t have the Montana School Law class. Will I qualify for licensure?

If you meet all of the other requirements for your principal’s license and are eligible for a Class 1,2, or 5 teaching license but do not have the Montana School Law class you can apply for a Class 5 license which will allow you to work as a principal while giving you up to three years to complete the required course. School law courses that are not specific to Montana school law do not meet the requirements for licensure. Please indicate you are applying for the Class 5 license when you complete your administrative licensure application for a principal endorsement.